Topic Options
#50522 - 14/02/18 11:13 PM Is there a dram you like from a distillery you don
Jolly Toper Online   content

Loc: East Calder, West Lothian, Sco...

Some of us (most?) have some distilleries/brands that just don't work for us. If you have a pet hate producer is there a bottling that you had to admit was quality?

#50523 - 15/02/18 11:05 PM Re: Is there a dram you like from a distillery you don [Re: Jolly Toper]
Dave N Offline

Loc: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cana...
The distillery that just doesn't do it for me is Bowmore. I am a big peat fan, for some reason I dislike the offerings from this distillery. The only one I do like is the 15 yr Bowmore Darkest.
This is the only one that I would buy from them.

#50525 - Today at 09:45 AM Re: Is there a dram you like from a distillery you don [Re: Jolly Toper]
Jolly Toper Online   content

Loc: East Calder, West Lothian, Sco...
Thanks for the reply Dave. When I first got into past it was Talker - the old map label 10yo, then Bowmore, I found after a whjile independent bottlers offered better examples than official bottlings but I'd have to say the Tempest series and some one-offs from the distillery really worked for me. I've liked all the Ilays ast dsome point but currently Kilchoman and again Bowmore havbe my attention with Caol Ila always there.

#50526 - Today at 10:29 AM Re: Is there a dram you like from a distillery you don [Re: Jolly Toper]
Grant Offline

Loc: Stonehaven
Mark , for me I,ve always struggled with ledaig, don’t know why , as you say some of the smws , and indies are nice , but there is a tang in the official releases that doesn’t do it for me

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com