Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#49591 - 17/01/16 03:25 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Shouldn't be a problem Rickduff although technically everyone should notify the warehouse keeper before transferring ownership. This is an HMRC requirement and is therefore important.
get in touch with Martin at info@whiskybroker.co.uk and update him.

best wishes
Raymond

#49595 - 18/01/16 04:06 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Re Cask share ownership.
Martin at Whiskybroker has mentioned that he is struggling trying to trace many of the owners of the Bladnoch shares.
At the time of sale the documentation did point out the need for shareholders to keep the distillery up-dated with regard to change of address, telephone number, email address etc.
Tracing the owners in some cases is taking up a considerable amount of time. Share ownership seemed a good idea to get enthusiasts involved but with the benefit of hindsight it is obvious that one could emphisise until the cows come home, the need to keep in contact, but if owners neglect to do so, then we have a problem.

#49597 - 18/01/16 09:50 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
sb1206 Offline

Loc: Barnet, London
Shame there's not a clause in the contract regarding changing contract details, but even so, it probably isn't our problem, if they don't get in touch within a reasonable period of time after the cask turns 8, shouldn't it be deemed forfeited?
Anyway, my tenth is now 8 and a third and I WANT MY WHISKY!

#49600 - 19/01/16 09:43 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
alabaster cheeks Offline

Loc: yorkshire
Just bottle it and store till they appear and charge accordingly.... If they don't after x years ....sell on

#49602 - 21/01/16 02:00 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
IrishWhiskeyChaser Offline

Loc: Galway, Ireland
Got a 3cl sample of Cask 699 today. American Oak (medium Toasted).

Have not tried it yet as still working frown

However it smells wonderfully rich and sweet and although I cannot get a full appreciation of it until I get it into a glass I get the hint of Spice and wood too cool .

There's Malt clearly there. The sweetness is possibly verging on a very light Bourbon style but that could just be because the sweetness is possibly the most evident as I'm smelling it through the wee bottle top.

Will get back to once I get my nose and gums around this laugh

Anyway smells lovely and looking forward to trying it.

Adrian

Irish Whiskey Society

#49603 - 21/01/16 05:51 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
JohnM Offline

Loc: Europe
I got a nice surprise today too. Samples of two casks. The 699 is particularly nice, I think. Just my type of whisky.

#49606 - 22/01/16 03:01 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Andrea Online   content

Loc: Isle of Lewis
Wonderful surprise here also, with 3cl's of 699/701. Many thanks indeed to the person who sent it out (Raymond/Martin?).

We have just had a wee late night sample. The American toasted oak (cask 699) has the real American oak cream-soda sweet notes going on - I love where this one is going. The French Oak (cask 701), much purer, clean spicy/pepper oak. Very cool to be part of the experiment - a huge difference there to taste. Thanks again to Raymond for putting himself through the hassle for us! smile

I think we would like to maybe let them run a few more years yet...but will wait and see what the consensus is.

#49608 - 23/01/16 01:35 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
JohnM Offline

Loc: Europe
I am happy to go with the consensus too.

What happens to the casks when they are emptied? Not sure who owns them. Could we have them filled again with something.

#49612 - 25/01/16 10:35 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
nab01 Offline

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
I got the two samples today. Very nice surprise, thank you Martin/Jane!

It was about four years since I tried them (sister casks) and I have to say there have been great progress.

I think they both smell great.
Taste is much better than before, however I agree with Andrea and think they might benefit from a few more years. Raymonds idea about a partial bottling and re-racking on bourbon/sherry cask for the rest could be an interesting option.

/Niklas

#49627 - 03/02/16 09:49 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
IrishWhiskeyChaser Offline

Loc: Galway, Ireland
I only got a sample of 699 but not 701 frown

What harm I am really enjoying 699.

The whisky has a lovely Amber or polished bronze hue and is very bright and clear.

On the nose a deep rich sweetness with nice light Malt beneath, slightly buttery, fruit syrup possibly peach and a touch of green grass (crushed by the footstep of a fairy on a warm spring morning .... Okay I've gone too far grin laugh )

The whisky has a light mouth feel but the sweetness makes it feel bigger. Sweet and very palatable at cask strength. Gobstopper candy, a touch of clove rock, and even fresh green herbs maybe green mint leaf, dry and meaty at times too, possible lick of matchstick (not a complaint) Finish is dryish with wood dust at the very end but never faraway from the sweetness. I feel it's more complex than I'm describing but that is all I can decipher at the minute.

To be honest I'd love to get a bottle straight away but I'd be happy to go with the consensus. Was there a mention of doing some now and some later. That would be even more interesting for me.

Adrian

Irish Whiskey Society

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com