Topic Options
#50432 - 12/09/17 03:36 PM Martin's rum
Doug Watts Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
Afternoon all, has anyone tried the different rum expressions on whiskybroker.com? I'm considering making a purchase but have no real frame of reference for rum. Probably the sensible thing would be to go to a supermarket and get an understanding of what a £20 rum tastes like first, but I'm somewhat inclined to jump straight in on the older single casks Martin has. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

#50433 - 12/09/17 07:50 PM Re: Martin's rum [Re: Doug Watts]
Wee Rab Offline

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
Hi Doug, you could do worse than start here. There are quite a few rum afficionados who post tasting notes, including Raymond and Matrin's bottlings.
Just search for Rum Tasting Notes and you will find more than a few.

http://www.tastings.com/Spirits-Categories/About-Rum-And-Cane-Spirits.aspx

Cheers, Rab.

#50434 - 12/09/17 08:42 PM Re: Martin's rum [Re: Doug Watts]
Wee Rab Offline

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
Here is the one I was trying to remember Doug. You will find tasting notes for the Diamond Distillery Rum from Martin.

http://thefatrumpirate.com/

Cheers, Rab

#50435 - 13/09/17 03:02 PM Re: Martin's rum [Re: Doug Watts]
Doug Watts Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
Thanks Rab. I'll do a bit more digging. Nobody on the forum qualified to give an opinion?

#50436 - 13/09/17 08:53 PM Re: Martin's rum [Re: Doug Watts]
Beefy Online   happy

Loc: FIFE SCOTLAND UK
I enjoy a rum now and again, currently got a cadenheads classic and a cad rum from Guatamala open. Both are superb but very different from each other. I bought them on the recommendation of the guy in the shop and wasn't disappointed.
Sorry i haven't tried any of Martins yet but keep meaning too. It's all a lucky dip as everyone has different tastes so give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com