Topic Options
#50375 - 14/06/17 08:24 PM Steaming ahead!
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
There was something in the air at Bladnoch recently, and I am not sure if it was steam, or smoke.
If it was smoke, that means a fire was lit, if it was steam, that means something completely different, doesn’t it?
Could it be that mashing has started, and a new distillation of Aussie owned Bladnoch is underway?
Couldn’t get in to the distillery to ask anyone, as the gates were firmly closed, and there wasn’t any room in the car park even if I had managed to get in.
However, a quick trip to the butcher shop in Wigtown confirmed my suspicions.
It is all go at Bladnoch again I am told.
I wonder how many years we will have to wait for a taste of the first Antipodean’s Dew?

Cheers ‘n’ beers, Rab.

#50377 - 14/06/17 09:52 PM Re: Steaming ahead! [Re: Wee Rab]
karlejnar Offline

Loc: Denmark
Thanks for the info - sounds good

#50388 - 03/07/17 01:53 PM Re: Steaming ahead! [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
Well, well, the Bladnoch management finally confirmed this morning what we all new almost three weeks ago. They are making whisky again! It was on Radio Scotland, and they even had a statement from the owner, and the master blender.
They should appoint Stephen at the butcher shop in Wigtown as their PR agent hehe.
The car park is still full of works vans and trucks, and the gates are more often closed than open.

Cheers 'n' beers, HRH Rab.

#50389 - 03/07/17 07:27 PM Re: Steaming ahead! [Re: Wee Rab]
Steeler Offline

Loc: Wigtoon!
Twas on the local news tonight. Planning to bottle some 1988 for the 200th anniversary of the distillery. Also at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-40447452

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com