Topic Options
#50267 - 27/02/17 09:55 PM Classic Cambus
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
I am having a wee treat tonight, a taste of Martin’s four sherried 26 year old Cambus single grain casks, one of which, maybe even more, will be bottled.

First in the glass was cask 61974 at 63.9% abv, dark gold, body is medium to full.
The nose is great, candy floss and vanilla. Unwatered, it tastes like a liquid bulls-eye, sweet and syrupy. A drop of aqua reduces the sweetness, but it still has a heavy tang.

Second is cask 61981 at 64.2% abv, pale straw in colour, full bodied.
The nose is sweet light fruit and vanilla. The palate is fairly grassy, and has the tang of peaches. A dash of water brings out more toffee notes and light fruits.

Third was cask 62929 at 56.6% abv, medium body, colour light gold.
The nose again is grassy and vanilla, but palate with this one is rich sherry and pepper. A dash of water opens this one up beautifully and improves the spicy sherry notes.

Last was cask 62930 at 52.7% abv, colour copper gold with a medium to full body.
The nose is ripe fruits and sherry, and the palate is surprisingly smooth and toffee sweet without water. A dash of water releases more light fruity tangs with hints of spice.

Four wonderful drams, one of each will certainly appeal to the taste of everyone. My favourite was cask 62929.
Now we will all have to wait until Martin and Jane decide which cask goes to the bottling plant. I hope they choose more than one!

Cheers, Rab.

#50271 - 03/03/17 10:28 AM Re: Classic Cambus [Re: Wee Rab]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Hi Rab,
Thanks for the notes. I think he bottled Cask No. 62930 and the girls have put it up on his website but Jane and the boys and Martin have been in Tenerife so they may well have bottled the others.
I was speaking to him when he came home last night and he said Rusty the dog was delighted to see them. As for the staff, that could be a different matter.

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com