Topic Options
#49910 - 25/06/16 06:04 PM Sailing
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Just back from a short sail on Lough Neagh ..... shorter than usual because we found ourselves running aground on a windy day with insufficient skills to extracate ourselves. Thanks are due to Paddy for sending out the boat with the words RESCUE on the side. No thanks to Paddy who had my home Tel number on his mobile phone and thinking he was ringing me on my mobile to tell me that a boat was on it's way to give us a tow out into deeper water. Instead he managed without knowing that he was speaking to Florence, simply to say "Hang on the rescue boat is on its' way" She thinks I don't know how to sail and at that moment we were the subject of a little bit of drama but fairly safe.
In addition I didn't realise she had taken his call and when I came home I should not have lied and claimed an uneventful wee sail.

#50087 - 15/10/16 09:25 PM Re: Sailing [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Out again with Paddy and Andy today on Lough Neagh only this time in Paddy's 36 footer, a large heavy yacht which could sail on its side. All I had to do was hang on. We were out for about four hours and the craic was great even though his Samoyed dog took all the good leaning places.

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com