Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#50187 - 08/12/16 04:03 PM Re: Distillery plan for Newton Stewart [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Offline

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
I stuck my nose in at the new Newton distillery today after picking up some whisky from Martin at Creetown.
It is coming on in leaps and bounds. The exterior windows are in place, and the building is wind and watertight, meaning fitting out the interior is speeding up.
The wooden floor is partially laid, wall cladding is started, and the electrics and plumbing are well underway.
The reception worktop, or counter, if that is what it is to be, is spectacular to say the least.
It is a 20 or 30 foot solid tree trunk, looks like a Scots Pine, and a slice has been cut off from end to end, leaving a flat surface two or three feet wide.
When mounted in three marble ‘U’ shaped holders, it will be impressive to say the least.
There is no doubt this new distillery is going to attract visitors, and with three other proposed distilleries in Dumfries and Borders getting the ‘nod’ from the Scottish Parliament, a fully fledged Lowland Whisky Trail may soon be a reality.
Just think, from Hawick to Bladnoch, six distilleries and Martin’s whisky complex in Creetown. What an attraction for the south of Scotland !

Cheers ‘n’ beers, Rab.

#50431 - 10/09/17 08:48 PM Re: Distillery plan for Newton Stewart [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Offline

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
I stuck my nose in at the Crafty Distillery a couple of times last week.
It is the first time I have been up there since the sad and untimely death of Billy Taylor, Graham’s father, who was managing the build and day to day running of the site.
I was just getting to know Billy quite well and was often treated to first hand tours of the build.
However, I popped in and had a few words with Craig and bought some gin for a forthcoming visit to a relative over in Cockpen near Edinburgh.
The distillery is looking grand, and my brief visit was shortened by the arrival of a car full of ladies booked in for a tour and a taste.
Judging by the number of cars in the car park every time we pass, everything is going well and attracting tourists to the area.
It is just a shame that Bladnoch Distillery gates are still firmly closed to visitors, and David Prior is at loggerheads with the local community council by denying access to the riverside path.

Cheers ‘n’ beers, Rab.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com