Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#50481 - 27/11/17 11:02 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Raymondo]
Andrea Offline

Loc: Isle of Lewis
Originally Posted By Raymondo
Hi Andrea I sent you a PM this morning and have since spoken to Martin who says you've been in touch with him. I think it's intended that the casks you refer to will be bottled very soon.
I need hardly add that his staff are keen that I don't sell any more tenth shares.

Thanks, yes I've managed to get in touch with Martin and am hoping to pick it up when I'm down at Christmas....just trying to find a way to get down to Creetown before everyone at Whiskybroker heads off for their Christmas party and holidays! Hopefully I'll be able to get down in time....but you don't know anyone in the area that might be willing to hold it for me if I can't make it down until the 22nd?? All such complicated plans from my end for the sake of one day!

Seems so long ago that I bought the share and it's fair to say a lot of "life" has happened since then! I've really enjoyed being able to call myself a (part) cask owner these last 10 years and now very much looking forward to toasting 2018 in with a dram or two of the South of Scotland's finest! smile

Hope life is treating you well!
Andrea

#50482 - 27/11/17 11:39 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
Hi Andrea, I am about 25 to 30 minutes drive away from Martin. If I can help by picking up your share and keeping it here until you are in the area, I am happy to do so. You could pick it up fom me at home, or I could meet you in Newton Stewart.
Let me know if that is of any help to you, and we can make proper arrangements through Martin who has my address, telephone number and e-mail address.

Cheers, Rab.

#50483 - 07/12/17 09:29 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Wee Rab]
Andrea Offline

Originally Posted By Wee Rab
Hi Andrea, I am about 25 to 30 minutes drive away from Martin. If I can help by picking up your share and keeping it here until you are in the area, I am happy to do so. You could pick it up fom me at home, or I could meet you in Newton Stewart.
Let me know if that is of any help to you, and we can make proper arrangements through Martin who has my address, telephone number and e-mail address.

Cheers, Rab.

Rab sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you'd be happy to pick up my share that'd be amazing. I'll be down in Wigtownshire on the 22nd (but of course Martin's closes at lunchtime on the 21st). I'll be phoning tomorrow to pay my dues so, if the offer is still open, I'll say that you might be picking them up on my behalf.

I'd be more than happy to call past yours to pick it up or meet in NS, whatever would work best for you.

Many thanks
Andrea

#50484 - 08/12/17 12:10 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Wee Rab Online   content

No problem Andrea, I will go and get your boxes long before Martin closes. I was over getting more whisky on Wednesday and saw your whisky boxed up, and Jane said she would contact you. If she hasn't, please e-mail or 'phone her and she will give you all my details, and we can sort out a pick up.
That means you do not have to visit on a specific date, just tell me when you are on the mainland, and your whisky will be available.

Cheers, Rab.

#50485 - 08/12/17 02:24 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Wee Rab]
Andrea Offline

Originally Posted By Wee Rab
No problem Andrea, I will go and get your boxes long before Martin closes. I was over getting more whisky on Wednesday and saw your whisky boxed up, and Jane said she would contact you. If she hasn't, please e-mail or 'phone her and she will give you all my details, and we can sort out a pick up.
That means you do not have to visit on a specific date, just tell me when you are on the mainland, and your whisky will be available.

Cheers, Rab.

My timing is perfect as ever....missed Whisky Broker today but I'll call on Monday and get it sorted. Many thanks!

#50486 - 08/12/17 11:39 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Wee Rab Online   content

Not a problem Andrea, I have arranged with Jane to pick up your stash, and I will get your e-mail address from her. Jane will also give you all my details and we can work out when to meet up.

Cheers 'n' beers, Rab.

#50491 - 23/12/17 02:04 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Wee Rab Online   content

It was nice to meet Andrea and Glen last Thursday when they called in through the mist to pick up their Bladnoch stash. Whilst I envy them their home on the Isle of Lewis, I fear it would have too remote for us given Janet's current ailments.
We moved to Whithorn because it was fairly remote, but in touch with the modern world.
However, at their age, I probably would have moved to Lewis rather than stay and work in Inggerland, but needs must eh?
Andrea is currently pioneering the fight for Broadband on Harris and Lewis, and I wish her luck, as the last time we stayed on the isle, uninterruped electricity was a amjor problem.
Enjoy the drams both, Cheers 'n' beers, Rab.

#50493 - 25/12/17 05:49 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Wee Rab]
Andrea Offline

Rab, the pleasure was entirely ours....it was great to meet you and the lovely demon-gamer Janet! We can't thank you enough for picking up the whisky - enabling us to collect it on this trip down. Also, for the bottles swap allowing us to try the peat barrels.

While we enjoy the geographical remoteness of Great Bernera, the outside world is surely closing in a little - heck one could even have Tesco delivery to the door these days. Power cuts are down to a couple per year tops. You definitely have to have an affinity for "weather" though, as I'm sure you experienced....many settlers succumb and move back to the mainland after their first winter. smile

I am really sorry we couldn't stay for a bit longer and enjoy the great whisky yarns and perusal of the envy-inducing (and surely peerless?) Bladders collection! Please give us a holler on the chance you ever end up in our neck of the woods, but failing that I hope we can drop in sometime when down that way to enjoy your company for a bit longer.

Thanks again for everything, it's very much appreciated.

Slàinte,
G&A

#50500 - 28/12/17 12:08 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Wee Rab Online   content

Hi again Glenn and Andrea,

Hope you are both gearing up for an island Ne’erday, and will be bringing it in with a very fine Bladnoch. The swapped bottles are now ‘airt ‘n’ pairt of my Bladnoch shelves.
I wouldn’t think we will be in your neck of the woods any time soon, but our house in Whithorn is open house to you and all whisky aficionados who care to make the trip.
The peated Bladnochs you have were part of John and Vikki Trueman’s private share. I still have a bottle or two in hand for the Canuck invasion in May next year … not so very far away eh?
If you are in the vicinity in the future, there’s a bed, and self cooked breakfast if you care to take advantage. Welcome as the flowers in May.
Take care and have a happy new year,

Cheers, King Rab.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com