Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#48644 - 11/02/15 05:35 PM Other casks at Bladnoch...
JohnM Offline

Loc: Europe
I was just going trough papers... and found I have shares in other casks at Bladnoch. Maybe they're still registered at my old address...

Anyway, anyone else have shares in casks 699 and 701? I have 1/20th shares in each.

Also, cask 199/2008, which was due to mature for eight years. It will reach this age in March 2016.

Would be interested in hearing from people with interests in these casks too...

#48646 - 11/02/15 06:01 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Hi John
These are casks of Bladnoch whisky not Margadale. From memory when it came to dividing down into one twentieth cask shares, I was just going insane. It was my attempt to allow buyers to see the difference between the same whisky when matured in a wine cask made from French oak and one made from American oak (some may have been Spanish oak). So rather than buy a tenth share of one cask, they would get a twentieth share of two wine casks. Same whisky, same wine, but different wood.
For relatively little money you were able to take part in an experiment of sorts. I think it was Niklas who tasted one a few years ago and thought that the wine influence was a bit too dominant. Therefore these will be worth tasting before bottling. If the taste isn't right then we should think perhaps of a transfer to another cask for a short period.

I'll try to put you in touch with some of the other owners but I don't want to get things too confused just now .... age .... mine.

#48647 - 11/02/15 07:57 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Raymondo]
JohnM Offline

Thanks Raymond

Yeah, I realise they're not Margadale. I like the variety. Getting through the Margadale alone will be some task.

I have some more shares in casks maturing in Martin's warehouse too. I'll have to find out what they are!

By the way, I met an old teammate of yours last year - Kenny McElroy.

Kenny was a great club man, which unfortunately I was not. I was lazy and just enjoyed playing. Kenny is very sociable and he kept us well entertained with his craic in the car or on the bus going to and from matches. Haven't seen him for a good while but the great thing about rugby is that if I met him in the street tomorrow we could probably both recall matches in which we both played "brilliantly" over 40 years ago. Raymond

Edited by Raymond (12/02/15 09:46 AM)

#48650 - 11/02/15 11:22 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Sue Offline

Loc: Cumbria
Hi John,
Dan & Jack have a joint share in 2008/199 though I think it may be registered in Kevin's name.

#48652 - 12/02/15 08:48 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Sue]
JohnM Offline

Thanks Sue. I wonder if anyone has tried it?

#48653 - 12/02/15 09:49 AM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
The whisky was well distilled and the bourbon casks we were using were excellent and I tasted it as a five year old. It's really really good, you'll love it.
Now there's a bold but accurate statement!

#48654 - 12/02/15 01:19 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Raymondo]
IrishWhiskeyChaser Offline

Loc: Galway, Ireland
Wow, that's freaky I was just thinking about this today and see you asked the question yesterday. As I've been so tied up the last few years I actually logged into the old Bladnoch forum and luckily ye had a link to here and this is the first thread I see .

I'm also a 1/20th part owner of each of the 699 - 701 venture.

From My Paper work it says Casked on the 27th of July 2007. That would make them 8 years old this summer.

Might be an idea to get a separate thread for each cask or cask combo so vested parties can hook up and discuss options.

GHreat to see ye are all still around

Adrian

Irish Whiskey Society

#48676 - 15/02/15 01:03 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: IrishWhiskeyChaser]
MacDeffe Offline

Loc: Ĺrhus, Denmark
I am in both of these. No hurry from me to get them bottled

Steffen

#48679 - 16/02/15 12:22 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: Raymondo]
JohnM Offline

Originally Posted By: Raymond
The whisky was well distilled and the bourbon casks we were using were excellent and I tasted it as a five year old. It's really really good, you'll love it.
Now there's a bold but accurate statement!

That's good enough for me.

I am not in a hurry to bottle either really.

#48680 - 16/02/15 01:50 PM Re: Other casks at Bladnoch... [Re: JohnM]
IrishWhiskeyChaser Offline

Loc: Galway, Ireland
Ditto,

When it's ready it's ready and that is time enough for me ;-)

John has my details anyway so he can contact me if I'm not paying attention.

Adrian

Irish Whiskey Society

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com