Page 130 of 132 < 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 >
Topic Options
#50361 - 30/05/17 10:36 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
Jools Holland finally unearthed a quartet of goodish bands on his Later Live show tonight.
I heard him introduce Royal Blood, as I was searching the online whisky shops for bargains, and when they started, it was reminiscent of that great Welsh trio Budgie, with Burke Shelley on bass, Tony Bourge on lead guitar and Pete Boot on drums.
For a duo, Royal Blood have a heavy rock style making you think you are listening to a five piece group.
Next up was Trombone Shorty from New Orleans, almost like an old style Irish show-band. They were pretty good.
They were followed by an American Gospel singer with great backing vocalists, and then a reggae band from Jamaica.
Why were they all so good? Simple, they were following the musical path laid by successful predecessors.
The show kind of fell apart after that, with musical wallpaper and flashing lights.
It was good however to see that Jools and his producers have at least found a few bands which are worth a listen.
I will have to give serious consideration to a royal family anthem!
Diamond Head … Am I evil… is in with a shout hehehe.

Cheers, HRH Rab.

#50362 - 01/06/17 12:30 AM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

What on earth has the world come to?
On Sky news tonight, we had people talking about the B word, which led to a hen party being thrown off an airline flight.
Now which B word was that to which they were referring? Nobody would say the word!
Was it Ballocks … male testicles?
Was it Bum … human nether regions?
Was it Boobs … female milk production organs?
Was it Bawbag … Scottish for scrotum.
Was it a pile of Bullshit?
The unspeakable word in question was ‘bitch.’
Oxford English Dictionary defines that as a female dog.
Given that definition, why, oh why are TV presenters afraid to say the word ‘bitch?
All it means is a female dog, doesn’t it?
Well no, some of our colonial brethren who were imported from Africa to the USA have decreed that they have ownership of the word ‘bitch’ as one of their personal insults and references to female dogs, have nothing to do with their interpretation.
Imported African Americans can call themselves ‘niggers’ but only of they are descendants of imported Africans.
All the other imported Americans have to abide by their rules, including the Yids, Jocks, Micks, Taffys, Frogs, Huns, Spicks and Mexies.
It is all really a pile of ballocks, to use a B word.
My generation had it right. Call anyone what you want to. If they are offended tough shite.
Isn’t life a bitch? That is a white bitch not a black bitch, maybe a dog bitch.
Just a bitch. Get your own words, don’t steal the white man’s words black folks.

Cheers, Rab.

#50363 - 01/06/17 11:43 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

I am fast losing confidence in the SNP after listening to Angus Robertson on QT tonight. I always thought Kenny MacAskill was the loose cannon in the SNP, but Angus Robertson is a man who will lose the SNP votes with his nonsensical views on referenadum results.
Both he, and Nicola accept they live in a United Kingdom, but break voting results down to suit their wants as regional votes.
We did not vote as regions, we voted as a United Kingdom. The UK voted to leave Europe and the SNP wil lose votes with Robertson and his ilk choosing whether or not they are UK MPs or regional representatives.
I fear the blinkered view the SNP have adopted will allow the Tories to get back in to the south of Scotland.
Incidentally, I had the Tories at the door this week, and I asked them if they would approve of me knowingly voting for someone with a mental illness to represent me. The answer was ‘no.’
When I asked if they would approve of me knowingly voting for a sexual deviant to lead the country, there was no reply.
My case is rested.
The country has gone to the dogs, or should that be bitches?

I feel my ancient monarchy should be re-instated. HRH Rab.

#50366 - 05/06/17 12:47 AM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

I am quite sureI am not a lone voice regarding the reaction to the awful terrorist atrocities in the UK recently.
The media spin on how wonderful the people of cities are following the decimation of their own seems to me, to be arse about face.
Rather than concentrate on the way to stop such terrorist attacks, the media are concentrating on how wonderful, are the citizens, of the cities attacked.
It smacks to me of the last world war propaganda. Tell the proletariat they are unbeatable; convince them they will overcome in the face of adversity.
The majority of the people directly affected by the Manchester atrocity were from out-with Manchester.
We do not yet know from where the victims of Saturday night’s victims hailed, but it matters not.
This nationalistic fervour about the resilience of people in cities which are subjected to terrorist atrocities is smoke and mirrors.
The Government should act now, swiftly and coherently, and allow the UK’s secret services to act without fear of redress.
Those people of interest to the secret services need to be rounded up, investigated, and treated accordingly.
Another measure which must be undertaken is the banning of face coverings. If you wear a mask, you are a bandit. There is no religious reason for Muslim females to wear face coverings.
Those who do, and insist they do so, on religious grounds are blaspheming the religion they claim to support.
The soft approach has been the downfall of successive Governments and has allowed the nutcase Muslim minority to support mad radicalised UK born minority to carry out murder in the UK.
Having free concerts for victims and citizens cheapens the lives lost to terrorist nutters.
There is only one answer, attack the radicals before they attack us. Insist that the parents of unbalanced religious fanatics report their children to the authorities.
They see the changes. Only they can stop the carnage. The Government should make it happen.

My bed calls, I will answer, Cheers, Rab.

#50370 - 07/06/17 11:34 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

The legal system is astounding.
At the weekend, Scottish police will have powers to order Ingerlish football fans to remove scarves, sun glasses, hoodie tops and peaked hats, to ensure no fan is unidentified in the case of disorder at the match.
If the Governments can invoke those laws to unmask potential football hooligans, why can’t they use them to stop Muslim women hiding their faces with masks?
The Muslim people who want to support their views must conform to the laws of the land in which they live.
If our police have the right to unmask UK born football hooligans, why do they not have the same right to unmask dozy Muslim and UK women who choose to look like bandits?
Surely the moderate Muslim communities know who the radicalised individuals amongst them are?
If there was an international law decreeing that every mosque built in the western world had to be mirrored by the building of a non-Muslim church in the lands of Islam, then there would be a sort of parity, but that would never be allowed by the Muslim hierarchy.
The Muslim communities in the UK must step forward and accept that those who use their religion to promote abhorrent ideals are their enemies.

All worth a thought eh? Rab.

#50371 - 11/06/17 10:51 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Theresa May’s badly timed gamble for power was as stupid as her attempt to use the DUP as a crutch to hold on to parliamentary power in the UK.
The current members of the DUP have associations with the old Irish troubles which are better left undisturbed.
I am not at odds with some of their views, but I fear a direct connection between Westminster and the DUP could trigger unwanted sectarian activity in Ulster.
The DUP and the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster, were invented by Irish war horse Ian Paisley back in the early 50s when it was necessary to find a religious movement with as much backing and belief as the Catholic Church commanded from their followers.
That for which he campaigned was not unreasonable given the atrocities of the modern Muslim terrorists, but the divisions between his followers and the Catholics led to some of the most awful atrocities perpetrated in the UK.
The current members of the DUP are in the main, members of a creationist cult who believe the planet earth is only 60 thousand years old, but they are an offshoot of Reverent Paisley’s original theology.
Enough of the history lesson, more of the facts. An alliance between the Tory party and the DUP could be enough to open old wounds.
It is a dangerous liaison and the only way for it to be stopped is for Theresa May to resign and disappear into the oblivion from which she emerged.
Rant over.

King Rab of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

#50383 - 17/06/17 11:19 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Let me be clear before saying more, the Grenfell Tower fire is an unimaginable tragedy for those involved, and it is also a disgraceful indictment of the ends to which radicals will go to pursue their beliefs.
My views of Theresa May are of no consequence, but the reaction of the media at large to her response to the tragedy is a damned disgrace.
The coverage of the BBC and other TV companies was equally disgraceful, using a burning building in which people were dying as a backdrop to their live broadcasts was despicable, and badly judged by the editors and owners.
It was obvious to anyone who saw the early shots of the tower in flames that people were going to die, and it shocked me as much as the disintegration of the twin towers.
The government, the Kensington council and the local councillors were not directly to blame for what happened. They are responsible for the enquiry which will take place, but everyone involved in no matter what capacity, is as shocked as the families of those who died or were injured in the blaze.
They were as shocked as the families of the victims, and didn’t know how to react to something so terrible.
Their supposed non-reaction to what happened is as justified as the anger of those who had 48 hours to build up a head of steam demanding heads must roll.
This is not the time for a blame game. Anger and grief lead people to say unreasonable things, and demand answers to questions to which there is no immediate answer.
The TV media were awful in the hours following the fire, and their intrusion is not defendable.
The National Union of Journalists should take to task those on screen individuals who treated this tragedy as a competition to see how many relatives of the victims they could interview.
Once again, I am considering if my life long membership of the NUJ is something I wish to retain.

Cheers, Rab.

#50386 - 23/06/17 09:27 AM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Couldn't agree with you more Rab. This "instant blame" business is not good and the media demand immediate answers when it's not always possible. Why Teresa May should be booed when she visited the scene and Jeremy Corbin applauded I don't know. Somewhere in the world of Building Construction and Building Regulations there lies major responsibility for this appalling tragedy.

On an infinitely smaller scale I think of the requirement of the local authority for Martin in his whisky warehouse to build up two newly installed expensive Fire doors and the difficulty in getting officials to explain in writing their crazy instructions.
Yesterday morning was spent by three staff in renewing their forklift truck licenses. Last week it was First aid training for office staff. Almost every week there is the need to draft some new risk assessment for health and safety, new machinery operation or fire regulations which hopefully creates an awareness of these important issues.

#50387 - 28/06/17 11:10 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Hi Raymond, I thought you were away on a very long summer holiday :o))

Well, the cladding of high rise buildings has opened a huge can of worms.
When it was revealed the cladding was aluminium based sheeting, my first thought was the Falklands War in 1982.
The Royal Navy war ships had over deck superstructures manufactured from aluminium to enhance stability, but we all saw them burn like pyres when hit by incendiary rockets from Argentinean planes.
Surely someone somewhere knew that aluminium burns, in light of that very public demonstration?
It is gratifying to see that several local authorities have taken positive action, and I sympathise with those residents who object to moving out, but all they need do is look at Grenfell House, and thank their lucky stars they will not suffer a similar fate.

On a lighter note, I enjoyed watching our elected representatives in the Commons today baiting each other and making complete fools of themselves.
I feel sorry for the MPs who lost their seats due to the fickle nature of politics and snap elections, but it seems the more open Government we have, the more we see the rash stupidity carried out in the name of the electorate.

Nae matter, back to one of Martin’s fine drams.

Cheers, Rab.

#50390 - 07/07/17 12:21 AM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Oh how it hurts me so much to agree with a Tory, but Jacob Rees-Mogg was the most sensible person on the Question Time panel tonight.
His calm, measured responses to all the questions made the rest of the panel look like political minnows, although his naming of his offspring shows him up as an egocentric individual.
The topic of exiting the European Union was as usual misunderstood by the majority of Joe Public, and half the panel.
Rees-Mogg summed it up, ‘we leave’.
All the other garbage about hard and soft Brexit is crap made up by the red top nationals who employ people to write crap the populous will believe!
The fact is, there is no deal which needs to be done with the EU.
We will leave, and that will allow us control of many aspects of our life in the UK.
Number one, we will make and live or die by our own laws.
We will be allowed to buy bananas which are straight or curved.
We will no longer be subject to the whims of jumped up foreigners who think they know what is good, or not good for the people of the United Kingdom.
We will be in immediate control of who lives, remains, goes, or comes to the UK.
So the row about farmers, growers and hoteliers not being able to employ people they have employed for many years does not exist.
The argument about whether or not foreigners can remain in the UK will be in our hands, not the hands of the EU.
The UK Government will decree the residential status of anyone from without the UK, who already lives and works here.
The single market and customs union regulations will no longer exist the minute we leave, we will be able to negotiate trade and union arrangements with any country which wants to trade with the UK.
The ball will be back in our park. We will have the whip hand. We will be able to trade with whatever country we choose.
There is no need for negotiation of any sort on our part, it is the EU which wants to continue imposing their will upon a country which WILL leave their terrible cabal.
We should send no negotiators. We should set the date, as we have, and just leave. In the meantime, it is the will of the people that politicians and manufacturers cast a wide net to make trade deals with the rest of the world.

King Robert of Scotland.

Page 130 of 132 < 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 >

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com