Page 1 of 132 1 2 3 131 132 >
Topic Options
#45881 - 10/10/13 11:08 PM I finally give up
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
Tonight I have taken the decision to stop watching Question Time, as it is no longer allowing the audience, (most of whom appear planted), to engage in argument with the panel, (always planted.)
Tonight, rather than dig up Dianne Abbot about sending her Labour born offspring to a local state school rather than a private establishment, the ‘panel’ were more interested in making their own political statements as opposed to questioning the judgement of a ‘reshuffled’ front bencher. Good job Dimbleby was able to jog their young memories.
The American lady who has been teaching students in this country for fourteen years in the art literacy, who was unable to finish a single sentence, derided the state of UK education. As an expert, I would say she is an expert in convolution, of the most random sort! I say, ‘physician, heal thyself.’ She was appalling.
The Lib-Dem lassie was one of those 100 words a minute machine gun talkers, so much of what she was trying to say was lost, as everyone dived for cover.
Matthew Parris was just Matthew Parris, and took the opportunity to remind those who didn’t already know, that he is a homosexual.
Audience participation was minimal. There were a few people who sounded as if they has something to add, but they were cut off mid-stream to allow the ‘panel’ to enforce their political views.
Sadly, a great programme gone politically bad. Such a shame.
This Week is also sadly lacking in grit.
Cheers ‘n’ beers, Rab.

#45883 - 11/10/13 08:17 AM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Rich Offline

Loc: London
110% Agree.

#45884 - 11/10/13 03:01 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Rich]
Johnny Norfolk Offline

Loc: Norfolk England
Just like the rest of the BBC. It breaks it charter every day and nothing is ever done about it.

#45885 - 11/10/13 03:42 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Johnny Norfolk]
autism Offline

Loc: sewickley, pa, usa
Here in America, you have plenty of channels with their own "panels". Same sort of stuff, plenty of talking, shouting, "spinning (fibbing) and ignoring the other side of the debate. If you want to hear the "Conservative" side, watch "Fox News"; for the "Liberal" side, watch "CNN" or for even more fun, "MSNBC". Take all three channels with a "grain of salt" and make up your own mind.

You used to have to get up onto a soapbox, now just get on television!

No matter what they say, they DO care about YOU!

Edited by autism (11/10/13 03:44 PM)
Edit Reason: further talking from my soapbox

#45889 - 11/10/13 06:17 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: autism]
Jon Trueman Offline

Loc: Huthwaite, Notts
Rab,

Didn't you see it last week, Will Self had me in stitches. Best one liner I've heard in years when asked about the proposed HS2

"Don't feel all nimbyist, HS2 is a crap idea wherever you live"

#45890 - 11/10/13 06:34 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Jon Trueman]
Wee Rab Online   content

Best recent tale regarding the self-opinionated Will Self was when he took umbrage at a security guard who refused to allow Self and his young son on to private ground, and then called the cops to report a weirdo with a young child roaming the countryside looking for somewhere private.
The cops yoked him in a country lane with his wee boy and asked him to explain who he was and what he was doing.
The ungrateful bugger laid into the cops for having the effrontery to question him, instead of shaking the hand of the security man who reported him and thanking the cops who were looking after the interests of his wee boy.
If I saw anyone as weird looking as Will Self roaming the countryside with a child I would also call the cops.
Can you imagine how he would react publicly if a security guard and the cops ignored a genuine complaint and a child was murdered or molested.
He is one person for whom I have little regard Jon.
Cheers, Rab.

#45891 - 11/10/13 06:54 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Johnny Norfolk Offline

Loc: Norfolk England
Hear hear, Rab.

#45894 - 12/10/13 12:18 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Johnny Norfolk]
Jon Trueman Offline

Loc: Huthwaite, Notts
Hi Bob,

I think you missed the point. I've no allegiance to Will Self or any other self righteous celebrity, but it was entertaining watching him treat Michael Gove with the contempt he deserves.

This story is a sad indictment of the country we now live in, and one that should shame us all. Parent actively involved in his offspring's upbringing, unlike many who provide the Playstation and conclude their duties as guardians are complete.

The sad fact of the matter is Pedophiles are predatory repeat offenders who infiltrate religion, education and the BBC to ply their evil. These individuals are also known to the police and local authorities, but don't want to keep them incarcerated as this would impinge their human rights.

I think it would have been remiss for the police not to follow up the concern, however being bundled into the back of a patrol car with a WPC waiting in the wings to cart his son of to a care home where he's more likely to be abused is sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Will Self mentions in his article how he'd walked through Cambridge etc on the way to Hull. It's a shame the local bobbies aren't that eager to police the no go areas of Peterborough where the Ferrel and feckless of the world congregate and feast on the local wildlife.

I can only image how you'd react given Mr Self's predicament.

It's just a pity young tory boy Michael Gove (remember Harry Enfield) wasn't on this week to defend why the UK has the lowest standards of education in the developed world.

We all no what the problem is Bob, but you'll be castigated for saying it.

Would the last person out please switch off the light. Sorry, no need to we're in a blackout.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-nightmare.html

Edited by Jon Trueman (12/10/13 04:56 PM)

#45900 - 12/10/13 07:59 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Jon Trueman]
Wee Rab Online   content

Haha Jon, when did the threat of castigation ever stop me voicing my thoughts? :o))
I am old enough to remember when the threat of capital punishment was a disincentive to murder or other crimes which may have attracted the ultimate sentence.
I still think the self same Mr Self is wearing his head internally if he believes being a 'TV luvvie' precludes him from being treated like any other Joe Public.
The problem with QT now is that you have to listen to 40 minutes of verbal diarrhoea in order to hear a couple of 'gems' from a generally A-political panelist.
I think I will switch to CBSDrama and watch Judge Judy deal with our colonial half wits instead!
Cheers, Rab.

#45936 - 17/10/13 11:00 PM Re: I finally give up [Re: Wee Rab]
Wee Rab Online   content

Damn it. I said I wouldn’t, but I did, and I wish I hadn’t, because it was just more of the same with fewer brains.
I have serious doubts regarding the Andrew Mitchell (Pleb) affair, and nobody anywhere has addressed my misgivings regarding the conduct of the cops on the gate.
The simple question is, why on earth would several officers, from several individual police forces, form an alliance with the express purpose of bringing down an individual politician?
And if they did, why pick on Andrew Mitchell, other than the fact he rides a sit up and beg bike and wears cycle clips on his trousers?
It really beggars belief that half a dozen random cops would collaborate in a plot to pick off a solitary politician.
The only reason I can imagine they would do so, would be that they may have been subjected to insults far more objectionable than being referred to as a pleb.
One cop with an axe to grind may well have started argument with Mitchell, but on the grounds of self preservation, who else would line up to face public scrutiny to back the cop on his own?
My thoughts, my view, my doubts, my opinion. I think they are worth a thought.
Cheers, Rab

Page 1 of 132 1 2 3 131 132 >

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com