Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44478 - 27/03/13 10:22 PM Re: New forummer! [Re: MrTH]
autism Offline

Loc: sewickley, pa, usa
But I would look so "bad" if I just called her "lazy"!

As for the "unable to do simple math without a machine", I often have to explain to a store clerk why I am giving them $1.04 for a 79 cent drink. Once they punch it into the register, they realize that I get a quarter in change but....

As for the women's garden clubs in Sewickley, I have commented before that we have twenty of them. If you don't like someone in one club, you start your own and so on, until we have twenty "catty" camps.

I can make wonderful sandwiches, I do house work and laundry (my problem is that I mention that I do all three things, which sometimes is taken the wrong way).

#44479 - 27/03/13 10:41 PM Re: New forummer! [Re: autism]
MrTH Offline

Loc: Springfield Massachusetts USA
 Originally Posted By: autism
As for the "unable to do simple math without a machine", I often have to explain to a store clerk why I am giving them $1.04 for a 79 cent drink. Once they punch it into the register, they realize that I get a quarter in change but....

Yes, and if you offer them the four cents after they've already rung in your dollar, they freeze up and have to be rebooted.

#44480 - 27/03/13 11:45 PM Re: New forummer! [Re: MrTH]
autism Offline

Loc: sewickley, pa, usa
Yet they can LEARN and USE it. My autistic son can LEARN it but he rarely able to USE it; he get nervous, even in stores that know him, and he wants to leave immediately. One treasures simple things when you cannot have them.

I'll stop here before I chase Den away. By the way Den, we do seem to allow "free association" in many of our forum threads.

Edited by autism (27/03/13 11:45 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com