Topic Options
#41928 - 16/07/12 10:08 PM New from Denmark / Sweden!
Jesper Wolfhagen Offline

Loc: Sweden
Well hello all you malt lovers and greetings from Denmark!

I've just joined this fine forum and I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Jesper and I'm danish but recently moved to Sweden. I'm probably in the younger segment of members as I'm 27 years old. I had my first trip to a distillery (Dalwhinnie) some 10 years ago and for me that changed everything! And my interest for single malt whisky has only increased as the years have gone by.

My taste in whisky has of course developed over the years as well, starting with the gentle Dalwhinnie and straight to the Islay Distilleries where "peat-monsters" were preferred over the more gentle ones.

Today I know that whisky is so much more than what Islay has to offer and the subtle complexity of Bladnoch certainly appeal to me a great deal.

I've had the best of luck as I've cultivated my interest in whisky while working in a whisky pub for some years and now I'm working in a Cadenhead's whisky shop in Copenhagen. So my problem has probably been a bit unique as I've had so much to taste and choose from and I'd had to pace myself to slow down to take it all in.
I know I'm only scratching the surface and there's so much more I haven't even begun to discover, but the journey is of course what it's all about!

Oh yeah, and I'm living with my fantastic girlfriend, studying computer science, petting my two cats and using my running shoes once in a while. :-)

Well, that's me. There's so much interesting stuff on this forum I can't wait to get started, but now I'm off to bed.

Once again, hello to you all and a special thanks to Bladnoch Distillery for your great great work with your whisky and of course for this forum.

#41931 - 17/07/12 07:02 AM Re: New from Denmark / Sweden! [Re: Jesper Wolfhagen]
nab01 Offline

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Hi Jesper and welcome!

/Niklas

#41940 - 18/07/12 12:49 PM Re: New from Denmark / Sweden! [Re: nab01]
Jesper Wolfhagen Offline

Thanks Niklas \:\)

Can you by any chance recommend a nice whisky pub in Gothenburg? The Bishop's Arms in both Malmφ and Copenhagen has a great variaty of whiskyes with some amazing bottles to be found in the bunch.

With this british weather we're having in Sweden at the moment I'm pretty sure I need some shelter when I arrive later this month in Gothenburg!

#41944 - 18/07/12 08:45 PM Re: New from Denmark / Sweden! [Re: Jesper Wolfhagen]
nab01 Offline

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Well Jesper, Most of my money for whiskey tend to end up in the Armstrong pockets and not very much in the pubs in Gothenburg. I guess my pub room in the basement is a sign of that (If you get bad weather while here, I might be able to help you out with a wee dram)... However I do like the Bishops Arms, Paddingtons and the Flying Scotsman (to name a few).

/Niklas

#41959 - 20/07/12 11:02 AM Re: New from Denmark / Sweden! [Re: nab01]
Jesper Wolfhagen Offline

Well that's a luxury I don't have! \:D And cheers for that Niklas, maybe I should plan the trip according to the bad weather then..

I find the well-stocked whisky pubs to be a great place to discover new bottlings though and a great way of trying before buying if it's not possible in the shops.

#42003 - 23/07/12 06:18 PM Re: New from Denmark / Sweden! [Re: Jesper Wolfhagen]
Sue Offline

Loc: Cumbria
Hi Jesper
Glad to see you joined our growing number of "likes" on Facebook and enjoy our daily photos / updates

Sue

Edited by Sue (23/07/12 06:20 PM)

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com