Page 103 of 103 < 1 2 101 102 103
Topic Options
#50439 - 13/09/17 11:26 PM Re: What's in the Glass..... [Re: Anonymous]
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
I revisited Martin’s 11 year old ‘Laddie again tonight after leaving the bottle uncorked for 24 hours.
I used less than a splash of water than I have done in the last two tastings, and I may have been a tad harsh with my original notes.
I still do not rate it as anywhere close to the better sherried whiskies on my shelf, the nose with water is still pretty earthy but the palate is much improved, but still not on the same par as the Glenallachie eight year old.
No matter, one bottle has been put under the stairs ready for deportation to the New World when Dave and Graeme next visit, and the other will be going south to Jon Trueman’s abode.
I will probably have an odd nip from the shelf bottle, but I think visitors will be the benefactors in this instance.

Cheers, King Rab.

#50442 - 27/09/17 10:35 PM Re: What's in the Glass..... [Re: Anonymous]
Wee Rab Online   content

Loc: Whithorn, Wigtownshire, Gallow...
In the glass tonight has been a selection of West Cork Distillery’s rum, sherry and port finished 12 year old drams at 43% abv.
They are all light, sweet delightful whiskies, each with the tang of the finishing casks, in which they spend just 110 days.
When I bought them from Constantine Stores in Cornwall on Monday, at less than £34 a bottle, one of my thoughts was ‘is this a batch which hasn’t cut the mustard, so they have banged it into different casks to try and improve it?’
The answer is ‘no’ they are all very good drinkable drams. They are a little on the sweet side for me, but at the current price they are fantastic value.
Anyone on a budget who wants to try some different finishes, you could do very much worse than try these West Cork bottlings.
I will probably buy another few bottles to put on the top shelf for visitors with a sweet tooth.

Cheers ‘n’ beers, HRH Rab.

Page 103 of 103 < 1 2 101 102 103

Moderator:  Raymondo 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com