Topic Options
#20720 - 01/09/07 02:42 PM FORUM MEMBERSHIP
Raymondo Offline

Loc: Banbridge. N.Ireland
Would all those wishing to join the Bladnoch forum please give some indication that their interests include whisky. This is simply to help me prevent unacceptable robots signing on and publishing x rated material

#21430 - 18/11/07 05:35 PM Re: FORUM MEMBERSHIP [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

I'm refusing forum admission to a number of members for the above reason.
If you are legitimate potential member then your email address should also be legitimate.

#21872 - 17/12/07 10:21 AM Re: FORUM MEMBERSHIP [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

Welcome to all our new members, the latest of whom are Jed from Sweden, Martin from Yorkshire, Terje from Aberdeenshire, Stephen from Devon and Lump from Surrey.
I'm delighted that you have included some information on your interests on your profile. hopefully you'll write a bit on the forum and tell us if you've ever been to Bladnoch or drunk our whisky ... OK I agree it's unlikely but maybe we'll persuade you to remedy that.
13 new members in the past seven days and 50 in the past month ... Great ... and my new year resolution is to find out a bit more about you all.
Raymond

#24896 - 12/07/08 09:10 AM Re: FORUM MEMBERSHIP [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

Once again I want to welcome all our new members. Over 200 have joined since the above posting in December 2007. I would have liked more of you to have written a bit about yourselves on the forum but I have to admit that I'm often at fault as well in that I don't always have time. My thanks to all those loyal posters who make the effort and take time to write and give the rest of us something to read.
I hope you all make use of your Forum membership to get discount in the Shop and on our on-line shop.
The Forum bottlings are sometimes expensive but they should and do offer real value for money. Any whisky over 30 a bottle seems very much a luxury item to me, but in the older whiskies, the cost of the alcohol and the duty and VAT on forum bottlings is quite a high proportion of the total figure and casks of older whiskies are increasingly difficult to source cheaply .
The benefits to us of being able to sell to forum members is obvious. We depend on selling a lot of bottles quickly and we need to make profit when we sell the remainder either to the trade or retail in our shop. For that reason, regretably we are only able to sell the bottles at the initial offer price for a short period.
The next offer of Glen Grant is imminent ... don't spend all your money on it because I hope to follow it up with a cask of 25 yo Caol Ila.

#24968 - 16/07/08 07:14 PM Re: FORUM MEMBERSHIP [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

Sorry about the delay, the Glen Grant casks weren't lifted on Monday as promised but I'm told will be delivered tomorrow afternoon.
Will believe it when I see them being rolled out of the lorry. In the meantime we're quite busy at the moment.

#25006 - 17/07/08 04:36 PM Re: FORUM MEMBERSHIP [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

We've had quite a few new members just recently. Some of you have been attracted by the possibility of interesting forum whiskies. We'll be emailing all members shortly details of the Glen Grant. If you have joined for other reasons ... like the good craic, ask and you can get these emails stopped.
Also if you don't fancy Glen Grant, there may be others whiskies in the pipeline that that you will prefer, so hold on to your money ... although I'm sure to take it off you on another day.

#25243 - 30/07/08 07:38 PM Re: FORUM MEMBERSHIP [Re: Raymondo]
Raymondo Offline

70 new members during July
Welcome everyone ... if you're thinking of travelling to Scotland I hope that Bladnoch will be a possible choice of destination.
If you see Bladnoch in your local shop, obviously I hope you buy a bottle but I also hope that flickering across your mind will be the warm and friendly thought that it's not just any distillery but it's one you know a bit about, it's one where I hope you know some of the other forum members and one you associate with.

Moderator:  Admin 

© Raymond Armstrong - Site design & maintenance by kirkmoor.com